Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Manx - Update

Well, here are some pictures of the little Manxie. She is TINY. Unfortunately she also looks pregnant!

She likes following the BMTs (Bubbles, Madness & Trouble) around. They hiss at her when she comes too close, but generally they don't care very much.

She seems curious about me, but stays out of reach. She really wants to be around the cats, but is pretty suspicious of me.

In this picture you can see how tiny she is (compared to Bubbles's butt).

I have contacted my local no-kill shelter and they said they have a 2 month waiting list. I put my name on the list in any case, but I doubt that she is tame enough for them to take her in. And then there is my suspicion that she is pregnant, so I don't really think that is an option.
At the moment I'm feeding her and planning to make a shelter outdoors, because at the moment she is sleeping under a shrub next to the front steps and it was below freezing last night.
So no long-term solution yet.

11 comments:

momsbusy said...

she is a cutie. i wonder where she came from? there is lots of info on how to build a secure and warm shelter for outdoor cats. one of the bloggers had it on their blog. wish i could remember where. it involved 2 rubbermaid type containers (1 smaller than the other)and cutting a hole in the short side and adding stuff between the two containers as insulation and using pine straw for bedding.

kazoku neko

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for making her a shelter. My gosh, what a sad situation. I don't even want to get into how I feel about people who don't spay or neuter or care for their animals. My laptop would EXPLODE!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is wonderful for her to have a shelter. It is a good thing she has you to make some sort of little shelter for her.

The Island Cats said...

Aw, she's so sweet! It's so nice that you are taking care of her until you can decide what to do with her....

Victor Tabbycat said...

Preggers, huh? Dat makes da shelters efun fuller. I hope you can gif her shelter an foods an gain her trust... da strays shure know how to find you! Dat's not a bad fing.
Purrs,
Victor, Nina & Tabbymom Jen

Brian's Home Blog said...

We will keep purring for her. She is a sweet little one!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh what a sweet baby she is. She looks so much like my Grace. Thank goodness you are helping her...it angers us so much to see kitties suffering.

Happy Mew Year!

merry purrs
Abby

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM uSSSSS!!!!!

Kimo and Sabi said...

We wish you a healthy and happy new year 2010!

Fat Eric said...

Happy New Year!

Mr. R.W. Emerson said...

Happy New Year! You are such a kind person to help kitties in need.

Love,
~Emerson