I took Hobbit to my vet to have her checked out and get a combo test. She is very healthy and combo was negative! My vet pulled some strings and got her accepted by a small rescue organization (no-kill). They have 2 more kittens of about the same size and they will be fostered together until they are old enough to be spayed/neutered and adopted.
I was somewhat torn about this, but he assured me that they have a very good reputation and have strict screening criteria for potential adopters. The main thing that made me decide to give her to them, rather than try a little longer to find a home myself was that she would be living with 2 other kittens. She was really too lonely here, all alone in the room for the vast majority of the time. Also, this way she will definitely be spayed.
This is a small local organization and they told me they would update me on her progress. I am hoping for the best for her. This was not an easy decision at all and even now I'm second guessing myself. I wish I could have done better for her and found a home that I knew for sure was a good one, but I hope she is better off today than she was a week ago. I tried to do what I thought gave her the best chance to have a happy life and I hope is was enough...
Thank you for everybody's support and suggestions.