Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuxie Tuesday - Special Edition 2

The Story of Mrs. B - Part Three
A few weeks after the heartworm episode, Mrs. B slipped out into the backyard (no doubt to eat some grass – to this day she loves to sneak outside to eat grass, so I can certainly understand how this happened) and was attacked by a dog that Foster Dad was fostering. Foster Dad broke it up, and again Mrs. B was rushed to the vet. Miraculously she wasn't injured but she was in shock.

While Mrs. B was going though one crisis after another, I was going through my own heartbreak. I have made friends with one of several stray cats that lived around the house I was sharing with some other students. I had her spayed and given her shots, but she was still pretty wild. I named her Kalahari and when I moved to my own apartment, I took her with me.

She was not using the litter box, so I allowed her to go outside to do her business. About 2 and a half months after I moved, she was hit by a car and killed. Before her, I’ve had 4 other cats, two (Crinkle and Babatjie) are still alive, and the other 2 died of old age. So this was my first cat that died such a sad death.

(to be continued ...)

13 comments:

Kaze said...

Mrs. B is quite a strong kitty!

Kalahari was a beautiful kitty and she kind of looks like my big brother Chase! I'm sorry you lost her so young but at least you gave her the best shot at a fabulous home!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

It's always sad to lose a beloved kitty, but it seems so unfair when they are so young.

You're really keeping us in suspense about Mrs. B, but we feel assured of a happy ending to the story since we know where she is.

~J&B

LOKi said...

Mrs. B has bin thru a lot. She's very lucky to haf such a grate Mom.

That's sad about Kalahari- whut a beautiful kittie!

Emma's Kat said...

Wow, Mrs. B, to look at you one would never know all that you've been thru! I can't believe you escaped injury from the dog attack! Can't wait to hear more! And what a gorgeous kitty Kalahari was! Such a shame she died so tragically!

Grr, Midnight & Cocoa said...

cars are evil! we're so sorry 'bout yur purrty kitty. an poor Mrs. B - she hadta go through so much!

Sir Sidney and Emperor Nero said...

Great story. Plese keep the chapters coming.

Gemini said...

Oh there is ever so much trauma in Mrs. B's past!

Momma is glad that Georgia never got hit by a car 'cause she always insisted on being outside.

Rascal said...

Kalahari doesn't look like a Cat to mess with. I can sympathize with Mrs. B about the dog. I got mauled pretty badly by one too. If my dad hadn't gone out looking for me I would have died because I was too badly hurt to make it home.

Elaine said...

This is a very intriguing story - but how awful about the dog! (And sad about Kalahari!)

Elaine (Lux's Mom)

caspersmom said...

Goodness Mrs. B sounds like you have had a tough life. But you are a strong kitty. Sounds like your Mom did a good deed saving little Tabby. Was wondering if your Mom is going to keep little Tabby or find a forever home.

Casper

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Oh Mrs. B...yer quite a brave cat to take on that wild dawg! Yer gutsiness is vary attractive. Mraw!! -Cheeto

Cecilia said...

Caspersmom - I'm hoping to find LT a good forever home. He is just the cutest little thing. He eats like a horse and plays like crazy. He already uses his litterbox, not even one accident so far! I know there are plenty of cats that need home, but he is so cute I hope somebody will take him.

monkeybunkey said...

Those are sad stories, and you are a very strong lady. I'm sure you gave them all the love you had to give and more! You are very very special.

Monkers