Thursday, December 07, 2006

Formerly Feral Friday - Bubbles and the Outdoors

Bubbles LOVES the outdoors. Allthough he is very happy to have a safe, warm place to take a nap, he wants to go outside all the time. In the summer he sleeps most of the day and then goes outside as soon as it gets dark. Now that it is winter he spends most of the nightime inside and goes out as soon as he can find a sunny spot to sit in. He has this specific spot where he likes to roll around in the dust and powder himself. He especially likes it if I go outside with him and scratch his tummy while he rolls around.
If it was up to him he would spend most of his time outside, but I limit the time he is allowed to roam around. He gives me the most pitiful wails to be let out, but I try to be strong (OK, most of the time I give in). When he was a conehead, he got very depressed when I kept him inside. After about 3 days I could not take his wailing and pitiful looks anymore and let him go out (supervised of course). He perked right up and from then on he adapted to the cone much better.

Mom: OK Bubbles time to go inside. Are you ready?
Bubbles: Do I look ready?
Mom: Come on Little Man, soon it will get cold out here.
Bubbles: Is the the Little Terror gone?
Mom: No Bubbles, LT is still here. And his name is Little Tabby, not Little Terror.
Bubbles: Grrrfffft. Well, I'm not coming in until he's gone!

Mom: Oh Bubbles, do you have to make things so difficult?
Bubbles: As a matter of fact, YES.
Mom: *sigh* OK, I guess you can stay outside a little longer.
Bubbles: Mooooommmm! I can't believe you are leaving me out here in the cold!

14 comments:

Rascal said...

Hahaha! Sounds logical to Me. You are very lucky to get to go out Bubbles. *sigh* I'd live with a dozen LT's if I could go outside.

Carolina Cats said...

I wish I cood go owtside wenefur I want too. You sure are lucky, Bubbles. But I unnerstand abowt the Little Terror - my mom brot that little orinch Punk into my howse in the summer and I wanted him GONE. Finely she fownd a new home for him and I'm sure LT will find one too.

Thanks for coming by and wishing Grampa a Happy Birfday.

Buddy

Merlin said...

Hee Hee.....

Poor Bubbles. But you're lucky that you live in Looseeanna so it doesn't get too cold...

Cecilia, my mommy has a question if you could email her at sadie923 at gmail dot com...

Anonymous said...

OH Bubbles, you sound just like me!

LZ said...

I don't like the Out of Doors but I certainly understand annoying small creatures. I'm sorry Bubbles, truly I am. But they do grow up and apparently eventually slow down.

Chase

Anonymous said...

Bubbles you look so cute laying in the sun spot.

Anonymous said...

Have you got cat shaped gaps in your garden where nothing can grow cos you always curl up there too?

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Be careful out there Bubbles! It can be dangerous!!

Anonymous said...

but the little Tabby/Terror is so cute...
Midnight

don't make poor Bubbles stay out in the cold!
Cocoa

I may be extremely soft, but I'm no "softy"!
Grr

nemokitty said...

Yes, LT is soooo cute! He looks like me when I was a baby (Mom says I'm a teenager now..or something called a "tween", she's not quite sure which to call me)..maybe I can let Mom know I'd like a little brofur..but it's cold up here, don't know if you'd like it.

Jake and Bathsheba said...

We love the outdoors too, Bubbles. Until Dad come into our life 12 years ago (Jake was 5 months old), Mom let us go outside only under strict supervision. Now we get to come and go as we please since we have two door servants. It's been very cold today, so we only ventured out for a breath of air.

~J&B

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Oh bubbles...yoo gotta werk with yer lady to make hur happie.

I used to whine and whine and whine when my lady wouldnt let me owt but then I started to like the indoors. Hopefullie little by little yoo will too! -Cheeto

Lux said...

I'd love to go outside although Mom & Dad seem to think I'd disappear or something!

Just want to say Bubbles has a really cute face!

Spock said...

TEEHEE!! I likes Bubbles, yup I sure does!