Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mouse Hunt

Behind our apartment there is this open field. Everything else is build and I'm sure soon this patch of grass will also be overtaken by progress. However in the meantime it is a paradise for the four-legged friends of the tenants around here.

Last week they cut down the grass and I guess it flushed out some rats and mice. Now as soon as the sun sets, Bubbles heads out for a mouse hunt.

They also put up some signs about Trespassing. Bubbles gives one a quick look, but decides that it does not apply to him.

When he catches something, he runs into the house and promptly deposits his catch into the cube where his toys are. He has actually grown quite fond of the cube and plays in it often. Maybe just to stop me from wearing it? Yes, those are my weird toes at the bottom.

I then have to save the poor little fellow. I have to wear gloves because apparently the fact that I'm trying to save them, does not stop the fuzzies from biting me. Bubbles tries to take it back from me. Don't worry, this little one survived and I let him go just after this picture was taken.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, he is a mouse hunter extradonaire!

Anonymous said...

I dont know whether thats an ewwwww or an awwwwwwww.

heehee

~The Kitty Cat's Corner cats

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, Bubbles is just adding to hiz mousie co-lek-shun!

Pumpkin

Zeus said...

Bubbles, you are such an example of what more felines should be doing to help their communities. I'm very impressed with your efforts to clean up the vermin from the fields, and I really think your human pet should be more understanding of your good work! ;)

Anonymous said...

hey! no fair! Bubbles went all the way out there and worked so hard ta bring home that new toy. why you takin it away? (good job Bubbles - just don't show yer momma next time)

Anonymous said...

What a fine fine hunter you are! A tribute to your species.

jenianddean said...

Way to go! Now that's big game hunting!

My mom's first cat, Fluffy, was quite the mouse and bird hunter. We unfortunately don't get to go outside, and fortunately we haven't had any mouses in house.

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

LZ said...

That looks tasty!! Chase used to kill mousies that got in the house in Massachusetts. I've never seen a mousie, just the crickets which are as big as mousies (not really but meowmy would swear they are).

Anonymous said...

I reely liked the NO TRESPASSING pikchur.

Anonymous said...

Ware we used to live (the place with the cat door), me and Rocky wood bring in mice and snakes all nite long. Sumtimes, I'd bring in three snakes a day. It's reely amyoozing to watch the peeple jump out of bed at 3am and play "Catch the Mousie." It was grate. The peeple wood ketch the mice and reeleese them, and then I'd get to go hunt for them agin. Yoo cood tell they reely liked that game becuz yoo'd heer a lot of sqweeling and stuff.

monkeybunkey said...

Bubbles, I really like the pics. You must be a phenom hunter! Yummy!

Monkey